S.P.I.R.I.T [Mystery Hauntings]

S.P.I.R.I.T [Mystery Hauntings] Is a website where you can come and talk about your paranormal experiences.Ask for help and advice, we our selves are kinda new at this. We like others take paranormal very seriously and exciting.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shiranui
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]   Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:01 pm

ღ It's coming to an end.
You had your chance to never walk awayღ

'Since when did my instincts include paternal guidance?' She felt distraught. Confused beyond rational comprehension. How could a lost woman speak with such passionate sincerity in her voice? How could Amaterasu place herself in Mayura's shoes without experience? 'I don't understand. These feelings surging through me...I have the intense desire to help.' The ivory-haired female paused in mid-thought, gripping snow-white strands of curly tendrils in both hands. To many emotions. To many distractions. To many scents to process. Her body trembled violently, as the sun goddess attempted to mold shattered fragments into a strong shield. 'Hiding yourself from them?' Glossy pink lips curved downwards into a simple smile filled with radiant warmth. Okami Amaterasu whether lost or secretly wandering around gathering knowledge always presented everyone in the area slivers of sunshine. She was after all the main Shinto Goddess the ancient villagers of mainland Nippon worshiped. She was the brave warrior going into battle to protect people's lives. Except, the old goddess known for bringing solar light to their realm had been stricken by an untimely death. Rendered completely immobile for more then 100 years in a lonely tomb, waiting patiently for the right time to emerge back to life once again. What would the old people of Kamiki Village say upon seeing their wise-goddess dressed in modern clothing? What would they say to a female whose memories were suppressed by something unknown? Perhaps, the people would judge her as worthless. They would lose every amount of built of faith in Amaterasu until she became weak from lack of believers. "I'm sorry." Apologizing briefly, the snowy-haired maiden shifted amber hues upon Loki's smaller frame. Lacing both hands together, she listened keenly to his wise words "Seriously...I don't know where all these foreign words come from or why...I speak with such knowledge." Maybe hanging out with the russet-haired boy was rubbing off on her, but the notion sounded absurd. Loki was smart for an eight-year old boy. His observations resembled Ushiwaka's in a way, except for the way the Tao Master often referred to situations with tricky metaphors. 'The boy is smart...yet his words haven't rubbed off on me.' No one dictated how Ammy should speak. No one told the canine goddess how to act in front of complete strangers. She acted freely. Spoke with liberty and carried herself with pride. Shoving troubling assumptions further into her subconscious, the sun goddess moved wolfish eyes from Loki to Yamino. The younger man seemed nervous, almost afraid of having been placed in the spotlight. Ammy couldn't help smirking devilishly for Yamino would be a fun person to toy with "Someone sure is nervous." The female pointed out, having no qualms over leaving Loki's son high and dry. Although his words carried heavy amounts of truth, which left Amaterasu rather pensive "That is right...never take anything or anyone for granted."

Had she ever taken life for granted? Had Ammy ever looked down upon others? Golden-brown hues closed half way in concentration as the sun goddess rummaged mentally through stony barriers threatening to bring another headache crashing into Amaterasu. Try as she might to force suppressed memories out, all the white-haired maiden accomplished was to bring disheartening defeat upon herself. Maybe right now would be a good time to rest? 'Rest? I can't afford to fall asleep with so many issues going on in my mind.' Exhaling softly, Ammy's honey-tinted orbs widened in astonishment, momentarily startled by Mayura's enthusiastic voice resonating through out Loki's miniature office. 'Excitable girl isn't she?' Of course the pink-haired female wasn't completely at fault, after all Amaterasu was the one wanting to poke her nose into paranormal affairs. 'Running head first in danger aren't you? Haven't you learned to less impulsive?' Her rational mind questioned sullenly, driving the wolf goddess between sword and solid wall. A part of her wanted to hang back in the relative safety of Loki's Western-styled mansion, while Ammy's untamed instincts screamed to be unleashed. She wanted to fight. She wanted to explore Tokyo, Japan without hindrance from Captain Ushiwaka. Maybe following Mayura around would be better, then being cooped up inside the detective's office. Sharp eyes scanned each area of Loki's office carefully, taking note of each individual peice of furniture. Amaterasu appeared to be disinterested in the brief conversation between him and the pink-haired school girl, but the inattentiveness switched to sudden alertness. Straightening to her full height, the white-haired female settled amber hues upon Mayura. "Technically...the haunted house might be infested with restless spirits...or echos from distant pasts." She mumbled beneath her breath, carefully dissecting each word in the woman's sentence to clarify any misunderstanding "Well...I'm looking forward to a little ghost hunting." Amaterasu giggled childishly, clapping both hands together in eagerness. Why did she look forward to spending time outside? Did she feel trapped? Or did the wolf god want to push herself past the limit. Bringing one slender hand beneath her chin, the solar maiden inquired Loki's sigh with inquisitive eyes. He appeared rather displeased with being dragged into one of Mayura's many loose-ended cases. 'Should I try changing Mayura's mind?' Shrugging slender shoulders casually, Amaterasu decided to keep herself in silence. Even if the russet-haired detective hesitated to go on a round about trip, the Shinto Goddess was more then happy to accompany the pink-haired girl into danger if need be. Yet, why would any rational person place themselves at risk? "I can't wait to check out the haunted house.." Ammy stated, reminiscing back to the old saying 'Leap before you think.' She certainly was leaping into oblivion.

Tawny eyes directed themselves to focus on Loki's closed office doors, muffled voices leaked beneath the 3 inch opening separating exterior aisle from the interior room. Head cocked curiously to the side, Amaterasu focused intently on two voices she recognized although their vocal conversation seemed rather distorted until a third unfamiliar voice became fractured into useless gibberish. "I wonder...." Ammy walked several steps forward "I had no idea Loki had friends coming to visit." She commented lowly, pausing in front of wooden panels with several alien emotions passing through the cool landscape of her face. Curling hands together, the ivory-haired goddess wavered uncomfortably between leaving Mayura alone or going down to investigate the irresistible source of excitement coming from downstairs. What was so exciting about strangers? Could the feeling have do with the proverbial aura emanating into Ammy's worn-down body? Indeed. The strange feeling rose inside Amaterasu, but the sun goddess failed to pin point A to point B. She didn't realize her 'saviors' were gods in disguise. She had also failed to realize Loki, Yamino, Frenrir and Thor were divine beings from Nordic legend. Glossy lips thinned noticeably until Ammy gathered enough courage to head downstairs herself. Before leaving, the wavy-haired maiden glanced over one shoulder at the pink-haired female who seemed distracted with piles of scattered clothing lying around Loki's usually neat office. 'I should come back later to clean this place up...not to mention changing out of this strange looking dress.' Sighing softly, the Celestial woman crept downstairs as intense curiosity gnawed at her stomach. "This aura is known...yet unknown to me at the same time. I'm confused...." Trailing off in mid-sentence, Ammy found herself lingering by the doorway, golden-brown hues unsure between Loki and Thor. Crossing both arms defensively around her body, the sun goddess smiled almost shamefully "Eh...my fault for letting her pick my clothing...don't worry though...I was also able to find casual clothing." She replied, taking mental note of Narugumi's intense gaze "Someone appears rather displeased." Amaterasu pointed out, showing that the lost female was keenly observant to everything in her environment. Bowing politely, the snowy-haired goddess sat herself at the table side, momentarily lost in thought. "Yes...I'm lost." Nodding briefly, Ammy confirmed the russet-haired males words with a serious facial expression. 'Will I ever get home?' What was home anyway? Shrugging shoulders casually, Amaterasu forced her attention on the unimportant conversation between Mayura and Thor. "Free food?" Amaterasu "I see...anyway nice to meet you Narugumi-Kun." She stated, addressing him honorific-ally with the old nickname Loki used "What are these so called part-time jobs about?" Raising slender eyebrow upwards, The goddess questioned for his words sounded completely foreign to her.

OCC: Finally! My brain cooperated with me xD anyway thanks for the suggestions/idea. Hope this is good ^^

Last edited by Śḫἵяὰṋŭί on Thu May 10, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
animeobsession92

PostSubject: Re: Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]   Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Loki smiled a bit as her as he listened to her, She speaks with the dedication of a goddess to her people... He thought to himself, well aware of his correlation between this thoughts and his theories. Most gods sensed a longing and need for the people who worshiped them. It was a system that had been worked out long ago, the people needed someone to worship and the gods needed people to use their power for and be worshiped by. Even Loki, who rebelled against his godly companions and who hadn't needed the approval of those around him had always had a need for those who worshiped him. He once again fell silenct as he eyes examined her, ignoring Mayura as he petted Punyun absently. Her motherly experience though went beyond most of the gods of goddesses he knew. Her passion matched Frigga's, The goddess of motherhood.... He thought to himself as he watched Ammy. And there's one thing I know, and that is that Frigga is a powerful goddess, perhaps the most powerful of all the goddesses... He thought with a sigh as he opened his mouth to speak. "Don't worry about where you're word come from, they come from some place deep withing you that had, for some reason or another, been locked away. The best think you can do right now is stop worrying about it and let the words com naturally because all of them are a clue to who you are and you're past." He spoke to her, as if he were a practiced psychologist, smiling softly at her. "The mind is a complex thing, and can be effected by many...outside forces." He told her, leaving out the magic bit. "But the mind finds ways to over come and out trick those forces." He told her with a smile, and if anyone could trick a mind, his own or others, it was Loki. The more time he spent around her the more he related to her. True, he hadn't lost all his memories, he could remember pulling pranks on the others, and the looks of jealousy and loathing that he had seen in their eyes. But he couldn't remember the things that mattered. Just as he had promised himself he would out trick Odin's spell on in own mind he wanted to find the loop hole in whatever forces were holding her back. He wanted to put together the clues and return to what what had been taken, her memories.

Loki smiled as he glanced back at the nervous Yamino, "Relax, it's not like you're being quized or anything, right?" Loki asked innocently though that had been in exact intent, to see what Yamino thought. Mayura sighed as she swung her legs absently on the couch, they were talking about her and yet, Mayura was getting a vague sense that the conversation that was supposed to her about her wasn't as much about her as it seemed to be. As if to confirm her thoughts Loki leaned back with another glanced at Yamino before looking as Ammy. "It's a trange thing about parents, they can spend... years caught up in their own business and leave their child doubting, as Mayura has experienced, if they understand... or want to understand at all." Loki thoughts aloud, choosing his words carefully as Yamino seemed to have frozen in place, watching Loki carefully. How long had he spent, hidden, then in the depths of the ocean, and then cast out from Mindor to surround the world. He had thought and wondered those very same thoughts, how a father could leave him alone. In fact, Yamino hadn't heard from him in centuries until that fated day he came to him to take Yamino on a journey with them. Loki smiled to himself before continuing. "But really, they are are just to caught up in themselves and their desire to realize the effect their having on their children, and it's at that point that the love for their children turns into a double edged blade and stabs them in the heart to realize their children's pain. It's when they are left alone that they realize what's important and they put aside their normal routines to make room for their children." He said with a smile as he watched Ammy still, "Parenting is a funny thing, or so I've heard, and it comes from experience, don't worry, you are one big huge mystery, but you are also full of closes, and with the way things are going, well it'll only take me a little longer than normal..." he told her with a small smile, after all, this wasn't within his normal domain.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Enough of this!" Mayura exclaimed as she through her hands up into the air. "I feel like i'm listening to come family councilor! There's nothing we can do right now right?!" She asked, asking both Ammy and Loki in reference to Ammy's situation, Loki leaning back in his chair, wordless in his response, she was right, but confirm or deny it wouldn't make a difference, when Mayura thought she was right she was, for all purposes, right. "Good!! So enough, let's think about our next investigation!!!" She smiled dreamily with stars in her eyes, "I hear she can be seen at 3 o'clock ever night wandering the halls in a white, bloodstained gown, searching for something!!" Mayura reveled in the mental images that would of mad any normal girl cringe. Loki sighed shaking his head in his hands, This is looking less and less like anything intresting more and more by the second... He thought to himself, even to this day he was amazed by how fascinated she was with the gore and scare. He wasn't surprised... after all, after so long with Mayura you began to expect the unexpected. No matter how many times he listened to her, though, he never ceased to be amazed. Loki glanced at Ammy with a raised eyebrow, "Don't tell you you're a mystery seeker too... that's that lest thing we need... " He sighed as he frowned, leaning back. Looks like I'm going to be outnumbered soon... he thought to himself as he glanced at Yamino who just shrugged from his position at the opposite couch. "Fine i'll go, but if i'm not interested i'm leaving, with or without you." Loki warned Mayura, though he knew his threat meant nothing as the girl, and if worst came to worst he was going to end up hanging around to save her anyway. She continued chatting on and letting her mind run wild as if oblivion to his statement, Loki sighing softly. Loki shook his head, her impulses had gotten him into so much trouble before, especially since more gods had been coming to visit him lately. When they attacked, Mayura always fell victim. At the same time, her insistence and craziness were also the reason that they were all together now. If Loki had had it his way he would of never seen her after she came to him going one about a talking doll. The fates have funny ways of working... He thought to himself with a shrug.

As Loki found his way downstairs with Yamino and Frenrir he watched Thor as he watched Yamino as he started to cook eagerly, the attention seeming to make Yamino uncomfortable as he kept glancing over his shoulder at Thor, the god who had tormented him in the name of justice. Loki chuckled to himself as she glanced at Thor, shaking his head. The son of Odin, who had fallen to this world and seemed to do nothing but work since he couldn't find his way back. I wonder if he really just doesn't care he's stuck here or he's failing to find a way to get back... he thought to himself before turning to Ammy with a smile, "Yes well, I can't say I expected any less." Have laughed as he motioned to her to take a seat at the table. Naragumi shook his head at her comment as if caught off guard. "Me? Oh no, no!!" He assured her quickly, glancing at Loki who seemed to be having fun watching him struggle with explaining himself to a woman. "I was just slightly confused as to why Loki had a girl in an evening gown in his house that's all!" He told her, wanting to add something about how if anyone would it would be Loki but holding back not wanting to explain himself as he took a drink of the glass Yamino had set in front of him. Loki smiled reassuringly at Ammy, "Don't worry, everyone here is lost in one way or another." He told her, glancing at Thor teasingly at the ease he had gotten lost then glancing at Mayura as if to prove his point to Ammy as she went on about how her father always had leftover food. "Really?" Narugumi perked up. "Maybe i'll have to come by sometime!" He told her as he turned back to Ammy and nodded after taking another drink. "It's good to meet another friend of Loki's." He smiled at her. Which are, surprisingly, mostly girls... He thought sarcastically to himself before listening to her question. "Part-time jobs? They're a way to get money and rent a house so you have somewhere to stay!" He explained dramatically. "They are a way to be self sufficient, live because of you're own work and thrive because of your effort..." "Which only those not smart enough to get money other ways do." Loki cut into Thor's description."You trying to start something Loki?" Thor asked with narrowed eyes. "If you're so smart why don't you tell all of us of you're brilliance?" Thor challanged Loki who simply smiled like the little trixter he was. "Well that would just defeat the point wouldn't it?" Loki asked Thor with a smile before glancing at Yamino who started handing out plates of food, the first one to Loki. "Hey why does he get the first plate?" Thor demanded to know, Yamino grimacing. "Sorry, I'll give you the next one..." He told him as he got the next one, relieved at Thor's satisfied expression before handing out plates to everyone and sitting down beside Loki when he was done.

ooc. Well.... got one up!!!! Sorry it took so long, there's been a lot going on, lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiranui
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]   Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:41 pm

^ If just one wish came true,
I want to deliver this to you in time.
If there are unchangeable desires,
they'll always be under the Sakura tree ^

How should Amaterasu describe her muddled feelings? How should an ancient deity with no knowledge of past memories act in front of regular civilians? 'I can't help feeling quite awkward without my kimono, even if the material appeared drab....it became like a second skin to me.' Golden hues closed instinctively 'Next time I'll avoid any future help from Mayura's unfashionable tastes.' The pink-haired girl lacked common sense when it came to picking clothing for the wayward Sun Goddess, but Ammy wasn't about to let complaints cloud her awkward relationship with the group. ‘Be thankful for their kind nature. No one in their right mind would pick up a stray female from the street….much less one who goes around town searching for nonexistent youkai.’ Her subconscious mind whispered sullenly ‘Better show more gratitude from now on Amaterasu or else those people might turn a cold shoulder.’ The goddess swallowed dryly, her mind returning to the previous events from earlier. How ironic right? She had been asleep for nearly a century and now Ushiwaka’s intrusion had led Amaterasu to fall in unknown territory with dangers presenting themselves in the form of ignorant bliss. On the other hand, if the Celestial envoy had not acted on sheer instinct she would probably be back home. Would Ammy have regained her memories faster that way? Had Waka made a grave mistake in sending her down from heaven? Was he desperate enough to gamble with powerful forces? The blond-hair male must have been cornered, if he resorted to taking such a risk on Ammy’s precious life. ‘There is always a reason….behind every action. Ushiwaka might have had a valid excuse for casting me out….why didn’t he mention anything to me in the first place? What is he hiding from me? Am I a mother without actually realizing it?’ She wondered silently, allowing eyelids to flutter open ‘How can I speak with passion over parenthood?’ The answers to all her question might lie locked within her own person. Opening vague inner memories would be nearly impossible for a sun goddess who wanted to remember nothing. Why? Why did Ammy express aberration towards her past? Did she want to continue living inside ignorance? Gathering enough courage within herself, Amaterasu made an effort to keep concerns at bay behind a flimsy barrier called ‘composure.’ How long her outer poise lasted depended on the exterior environment outside. After all, Loki’s word proved extremely powerful in their own right. For such a small child, he held an intellect equal to that of a fully grown adult. How could a boy be this empathetic? Perhaps, his experience in life had molded him with vast wisdom that original people lacked or maybe there was more to him then met the eye. ‘Appearances can be deceiving.’ Ushering presumptions aside, the solar maiden absorbed Loki’s wise words with keen interest. He was right in all aspects. Why was she worrying over words of unknown origin? Why was she making a big deal over unimportant matters? “I guess you are right.” The ivory-haired female answered “It’s just awkward to find myself speaking in such a mature way….I suppose hanging around older people had that effect on me.” She chuckled lowly, finding herself falling more at ease with the mismatched group gathered around the dining room table. There was no reason to worry over tribal matters. Amaterasu was determined to find herself one way or another, of course she wouldn’t be alone either.

‘Maybe you’ve been dreaming all along? Maybe those words coming from within are just mere tools to distract yourself from the truth of the matter? Isn’t that right Amaterasu? Aren’t you even the least bit afraid of finding out who you really are?’ Her restless mind questioned nervously ‘Having amnesia bites! I can’t remember who I truly am! I can’t even remember how these insignificant words came out of me.’ The young woman mused silently to herself, sparkling golden-brown hues trained completely on Yamino’s nervous figure. Why did he act bashful in the first place? Did the question of parenthood pertain to him in all aspects or was he afraid of being mocked? ‘I wouldn’t laugh at his thoughts, but I can’t help…wondering if he suffered in the past. What type of life has everyone in this house lived?’ Amaterasu pondered, letting her thoughts go silent for the russet-haired detective began speaking in a mysterious manner. His words were carefully chosen in a way comparable to what a forensic investigator would do at a murder scene. Loki appeared to speak in with the wisdom only parents who had experience with children firsthand could. How did that happen? How could such a young child speak as if he were a father? Something about the quality of Loki’s accurate analysis sparked foreign emotions inside of Ammy. She didn’t understand how his words could provoke feelings of bitterness, loneliness and yearning to rise from the darkest of depths. How could that be? Maybe the ivory-haired female was paying to much attention in trying to dissect the meaning behind each individual word? “Leaving a child to fend for themselves is cruel in some aspects, but I shall not judge their actions. Sometimes there is a specific reason why parents chose to focus on themselves…rather then dealing with whatever is ailing their own flesh and blood.” Amaterasu responded softly, secretly taking note of Yamino’s frozen body. The way he glanced at Loki tipped her off, but the solar maiden wasn’t about to pry into someone else’s business, even if she was quite curious to know what was going on. After all Okami’s were inquisitive creatures by nature. ‘Sticking my nose in others affairs will only add more problems for me in the future.’ She had absolutely no right to know their secrets. She had no bases on which to stand. No proper scientific evidence to prove these strange people could come from another planet. Even Amaterasu herself fell into the category of being puzzling to the others. Shifting slightly in the wooden chair, the young woman merely smiled at Loki “Me a mystery?” She questioned teasingly “Well…being mysterious is a good thing….I guess. I’ll make sure to keep everyone on their toes meanwhile.” Ammy replied, allowing her voice to fall completely silent as Mayura’s sudden outburst filled the dining room with noise. Startled by the female’s loud voice, the ivory-haired goddess winced visibly. Having sensitive ears proved a key advantage in the forest, but not when noise surged in enclosed areas. Tossing back several strands of snowy-white tresses, Amaterasu’s facial expression turned serious over the female’s words. “Right…there is nothing to be done.” Ammy mumbled beneath her breath, furtively glad the sensitive topic had been changed into an airy one. What was the use worrying over events without clues? In due time, the sun goddess would probably stumble on all the questions plaguing her.

‘Nothing to be done…’ The sun goddess spoke mentally to herself ’I can’t allow myself to dwell constantly on problems that have yet to arise. Yet at the same time….ignoring my future problems will only serve in building more conflict later on.’ Hopefully her onerous thoughts would only be passerby memories, from which Amaterasu would most likely laugh of. ’Enough! Time to focus on Mayura’s investigation…although I can’t help wondering whether the adventure is worth risking one’s life for.’ Leaning slightly forward with slender shoulders hunched, Ammy looked thoughtfully at the ceiling fan hanging above her head. A woman in a blood-stained gown? Wandering down the hallways at a time, when most people would be safely snuggled underneath their covers. What was she searching for? What type of creature were they dealing with? Demon? Ghost? Or just a pessimistic person playing cruddy jokes in the dead of night? “Actually…” The snowy-haired female returned her attention from oblivion to look at the group with a sincere expression written across delicate facial features “I’m interested enough in this so called investigation to go explore. A little excitement won’t hurt anyone now would it?” She questioned, darting inquisitive orbs back to the young boy. Judging from the raised eyebrow and tone of voice, he apparently sounded surprised over Ammy’s thrill-seeking adventures. Rather then wilting in shame, Amaterasu’s golden eyes shimmered deviously “I should’ve of mentioned this earlier…..trouble is my middle name.” The sun goddess said, nodding her head in reference to Loki’s statement “I have an affinity for seeking mysteries of interest. Don’t know whether this obsessive interest for exploring is the result of wandering around alone all the time or if it’s a natural trait born to my bloodline.” She explained, letting herself fall into quiet silence, just as the young detective declared his ultimatum. To the solar maiden his words were unimportant, if he wanted to leave without exploring the haunted house, then Ammy would be the one to solve Mayura’s little thrill-seeking adventure. ‘Why are you eager to get yourself in trouble? Ushiwaka himself said…to keep out of danger.’

Thinning glossy lips into a thin line, the goddess shrugged any uneasy emotion from her heart, today’s adventure shouldn’t be dangerous unless they were going blindly around looking for conflicts. ’Leap before you think. The statement makes absolutely no sense to me…..but life has it’s risks.’ Wrapping one slender hand around her glass, the young woman flickered her undivided attention upon the god of thunder. Loki wasn’t the only mysterious creature living beneath the western-styled mansion, this male named Naragumi appeared to strike some sort of terror into Yamino. Why was that though? ‘He doesn’t look capable of much harm…I suspect this boy won’t even touch a fly.’ She could be wrong though in her perception, for there had to be a valid reason between fear being shown at the table. “Evening gown?” Amaterasu cocked her head sideways, daring to glance downwards at the mention of her shimmering crimson gown “I’m lost…..and with my kimono ruined…this was the most suitable garment to wear.” The maiden stated, allowing her lips to curve downwards in a teasing grin “Quit looking so flustered! It’s not like I’m going to bite your head off. With that aside…it is a pleasure to meet you in person.“ Amaterasu giggled childishly, seeming to completely ignore the underlying significance in Naragumi’s tone. What was wrong with him? Why the tension between Loki and Naragumi? Sure, the brunette-haired was smart for his age, but arguing over jobs sounded ridiculous in the first place. “Hehe…I see. So, basically in this place jobs are a must if you want to survive.” Amaterasu announced, her mind attempting to absorb all the new information. Fortunately for her, Thor’s demands over getting the first plate of noodles distracted the wolf deity from the task at hand. Raising one slender eyebrow at the god of thunder, she chose to speak neither a word. “This smells delicious Yamino!” Ammy exclaimed, while glancing down at her plate full of yakisoba noodles. Entwining one hand around the fork situated on the opposite side of the plate, Amaterasu couldn’t help glance at the pink-haired female “When would be a convenient time to start heading out Mayura?” The snowy-haired woman asked, taking several small bites from the noodles wrapped around her fork. Why was she impatient all of a sudden? Why did her body tense at the mention of a woman walking around in bloodstained clothing? ‘I have a bad feeling about this.’ Her rational mind warned ‘Don’t go! Don’t put yourself in danger!’ The words danced literally in Ammy’s mind, however she squashed any doubts of turning back. A little wandering spirit would not bring harm or catastrophe to the world right? So, why did Amaterasu continue to feel uneasy over the unknown.

OCC: Sorry if this post sounds a little choppy, still trying to get back into the swing of things. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
animeobsession92

PostSubject: Re: Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:35 am

Loki watched her, there was something about her that stuck him about her aura, the way she held herself and acted. All around her held the aura of a goddess even if a weak one, but there was more than that. There was a strength and determination, a resolution in her voice, even if a trembling voice. He Leaned back, thinking. It wasn't long ago when he had been in her situation. Sure he had had more memories than her, he knew who he was at the very least, but he, like her had been through out of the only place he had ever considered home, shut off from everyone that he had ever know. Her reason for being thrown out was unknown, was it because she had dome something? Was she hated by the gods like he was? He didn't know why but he knew he was hated, Odin had made that clear though all of his godly 'visitors.' Was she hated? Or was she just lost like Thor? Was she suppressed like Freya or he she followed someone here like Yamino? Regardless of why, she was here and didn't know why. When I was in her position though, I wasn't as comfortable as she is... He thought to himself as he watched her, the goddess was scared and confused, but she was trying, the was trying to be friendly and to get along with people she didn't know, people who weren't like her. Even though Loki was more like her than anyone else she would meet, his other gods and goddesses included, they were still different. When Loki had first found himself here he wanted nothing to do with humans. He had only interacted with them on a professional level, as a means of using them to find demons in the human world. It was Mayura who had done that for him, and it had taken time. He had learned to open up and even to enjoy his days rather than spend all day waiting for customers and bossing Yamino around. "I know I am." He told her, obviously already knowing he was right and not having a doubt about it. "People older than you huh?" He asked, chuckling to himself as he found the words slightly ironic in two ways. First off besides Mayura they really didn't know who was older, only that Loki was older than Yamino and Frenrir So while that may or may not be true she had no idea what their actual ages even are. The second reason he found it so ironic was that even though many of them were old, they didn't look like it in fact appearance wise wither Ammy of Yamino looked the oldest, Mayura nothing more than a teenage kid and Loki, well looked like the youngest of them all though he was one of the oldest, if not the oldest. "Am I older than you?" He challenged with a laugh as he stretched his arms over his head as if to relax the tension that was building in the room a bit. While he had no problem talking about it, they had to be careful with Mayura around and with how much he would tall Ammy as of the moment, so it was crucial to keep a heavy conversation light.

"I've been trying to figure out how old you are for the last months!!" Mayura told Loki, suddenly up on her feet. "But you'll NEVER tell me! I mean you don't even go to school! Why is that?" Mayura asked Loki who shrugged in his chair. "School is for people who need to learn how to take care of themselves, I'm taking pretty good care of myself aren't I?" He asked as he motioned around the room as if to state the obvious, Mayura sighing and pouting as she fall back into her chair. Meanwhile Loki turned back to face Ammy, "You're right, there is a selfish nature in all of us." He told her, choosing his words carefully, after all only of of their nature were human. "They have their reasons but no matter how absorbed they are in themselves they are all forced to wake up and realize their love for their children." Loki told her. "Yamino could I get more tea?" Loki asked casually as his partially frozen son was snapped out of his trance and nodded walking over and re filling his cup. Ever since Loki ahd come to him and given him the chance to join him Yamino had never heard Loki speak like that, he had been to scared to ask, scared that it would chase Loki away or that he would give an answer he didn't want to hear. As Mayura spoke out everyone turned to look at her, all well aware that she really had no idea as to what was going on in the room, but that was probably all for the better, coming from someone who doesn't believe in god, at least she hadn't. To be honest ever since the whole event no one had talked about it, neither Loki or Mayura were good at serious talk anyway, both for different reasons though. "Of course it's a good thing!!" Mayura told Ammy in response to her comment about being mysterious. "mysteries are the best, if YOU'RE a mystery you can keep EVERYONE on their toes!! Like Loki!" Mayura smiled as she pionted at the young detective. "He never tells us ANYTHING about himself, but it's ok because we all have fun together!" She smiled brightly, Loki blinking a bit in surprise at her outlook. He couldn't count the number of times that she had come up to him and tried to ask about his past, questions that he had managed to answer in a cryptic was she couldn't understand or by sneakingly changing the subject. The fact that is didn't bother her was surprising, after all humans didn't trust what they didn't know, they jump to conclusions and assume the worst, yet Mayura didn't seem to mind that she knew nothing about him, that he could of been a serial killed before moving here. Then again she's never been like any other normal human i've met... He thought to himself with a small laugh to himself, Any normal human wouldn't be sitting here now... He pointed out to himself.

At Ammy spoke up Loki paused, looking at her, her tone changing once again, she was playful, like a kitten. Her statement surprised him, sure she seemed like a curious type of girl, but the last thing he needed was another Mayura. She was hard enough to handle, even being the god he was, he didn't need a secong thrill seeking lover who took advantage of every rumor and legend that floated around. Yamino laughed a bit, still standing beside Loki and bending down to whisper in his ear. "Looks like she might provide a challenge for you..." Yamino told Loki who only smiled mischievously back. "At trouble? I don't think so... Even now, I still have her beat there... her attitude, however may be difficult to manage." Loki told Yamino with a smile. "Trouble, huh? Well we have plenty of that around here." He told her, if she thought he was unaccustomed to trouble she was sadly mistaken besides Mayura, who was an accident waiting to happen herself, she was standing the house of the trixter god, the god of trouble. Unfortunately my interests in trouble lie beyond looking for any ghost story that passes my way... Loki thought to himself, Real trouble doesn't lie in the thrill, rather... it involved getting people upset at you. He thought to himself, but let it remain unspoken. "Very well, but i don't want to hear about when when a bat jumps out at you." He tol dher, aware that she may not even know what a bat was. "BATS?! WILL THERE BE BATS?!" Mayura asked excitedly, Loki grimacing her her loud voice. 'I can't wait! This is going to be a real mystery!!" Mayura giggled to herself, Loki sighing, "This is going to be a long trip... " He muttered to himself so only Yamino could here. we may as well get it over with as soon as possible so she'll leave it alone... He added to himself as he looked between the two females. "Yamino..." Loki told the butler as he stood up from his chair. "Remind me not to take in anymore mystery obsessed girls, They're going to scare my customers away." He sighed in an attempt to offend them casually, though Mayura hardly seemed to notice, already caught up in her plans and visions of their 'Haunted house mystery.' "I'll try, but you never listen to my anyway!!" Yamino protested, Loki smiling mischievously. "Well it's your job to keep me in line, right?" He asked, smiling like the child he looked like, making him look like the younger one that the older one was supposed to take care of. Yamino opened his mouth to protest, but there was nothing he could say, finally giving up with a sigh.

Thor raised an eyebrow, "Ah i see..." He told her, not sure what to say to her after that, most people wouldn't consider an evening gown the most appropriate but if that's what she wanted to wear he wasn't going to judge her. "Just be careful of that one." Narugumi told her as he nodded his head towards Loki, "He's not all as innocent as he seems..." He told her, Loki smiling mischievously at Thor before his child turned into an innocent childlike smile. "What's that supposed to mean, you don't trust me Narugumi?" Loki asked as if he couldn't believe it and were hurt by the statement. Thor raised an eyebrow, "No." He said simply. "It's ok Narugumi..." Mayura told Thor. "We know that really you like him." She said with a giggle, Loki grinning again before turning back to his food. Thor looked upset Ammy surprised as she snapped at him. "Sorry, guess I'm spending too much time with people that have hidden agendas." He told her, glancing at Loki out of the corner of his eye. Since the statement wasn't obviously directed at him he chose to ignore it, though he knew better. To be honest, it didn't offend him, he already knew that no one who really know him trusted him,except for maybe Yamino and Frenrir, but they were a bit of an exception. Thor nodded at her comprehension. "That's right! If you want money and you want to eat you have to work hard!" Thor nodded, Loki yawning as if on cue. "What?! Something boring you?" Thor asked him quickly Loki shrugging. "Why don't you just get a full time job like me? They pay more." Loki told him, Thor opening his mouth, of course he couldn't explain that he didn't have a resume or experience in anything because he had dropped out of no where. Thor glared as Loki as he started to eat the bowl in front of him as Yamino set it down, Yamino backing away quickly as if he were going to bite his hand off. He turned to look at Ammy as she complimented him, "Thank you! Its a new recipe i found in this cook book i had mail ordered!" He told her happily as he held out the book to display proudly before putting it down and serving the rest of the food, taking the open seat by Loki,which also happened to have Thor on the other side. Yamino sat as far away from him as he could, as he started to eat. Mayura turned to look at Ammy, thinking for a second. "Lets go tonight! After dark!" She said excitedly as she thought about it. "that way the ghost will be sure to come out!!" She decided, turning to Loki, "You're coming with us right?" She asked, obviously going to go with or without him. Loki sighed, "Yeah I'll come with," He told her, not planning to stay if nothing was gong on, he had better things to do... like find an actual spirit/demon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiranui
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]   Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Follow me into heaven
Or hell...

‘Stars fells out of the sky…tears dropped into the ocean…and I dreamt of riding freedom’s wings.’ Tendrils of snowy-hair fell over Amaterasu’s neutral expression, distracting her briefly from the delicious scent of noodles wrapped around an abandoned silver-fork. Reaching upwards with a free hand, Ammy brushed aside bothersome tresses from one eye, while vague emotions prickled her spine and made fine hairs stand on end. ’I can’t stand this feeling of being watched! Why is someone watching me? Not to mention….who in their right mind would have an interest in observing awkward behaviors?’ Grinding teeth together, the wolf-goddess flickered honey-colored orbs towards the source of her discomfort, only to be stunned at the intensity of Loki’s searing gaze. ‘Why is he looking this way? Can’t he stare at Mayura or Yamino?’ Was it truly necessary to focus all his attention on her? ‘Get a hold of yourself!’ Her conscious mind hissed angrily ‘Nervousness attracts enemies.’ Amber hues diverted from Loki’s face, before falling squarely on the plate of food sitting nonchalantly in from of the sun goddess. Amaterasu’s appetite diminished within seconds and she couldn’t help asking herself a few real life questions. How could a seven-year old kid unnerve her? Could it be his wisdom-filled eyes? Or the way his tone held experience? Indeed, the russet-haired youth spoke like a philosopher who had done nothing, but explore every nook and cranny life offered. There was an oddity around Loki, as well as Yamino and Thor. Each individual blended in perfectly with the Western-Styled mansion, except for their auras. ’Their energy feels similar to my own…what could it mean?’ The ivory-haired woman wondered, turning neutral eyes back on the young male. “Exactly…people older than me.” She nodded, confirming earlier suspicions “Maybe you aren’t older then me…and maybe you are. You could be an adult stuck in a child’s body or simply have been exposed to knowledge early on.” The wolf-goddess stated, entwining more noodles around her fork. Was she being judgmental again? Or maybe to critical? For all Ammy knew, Loki might be a student prodigy being taught beneath an ancient master. No, the world didn’t work the same way…like it did back home. What was home anyway? Where did Amaterasu belong in? Had she been banished? Rummaging through blocked memories failed in recalling vital information, the only sign of failure came in form of a pounding headache. ’I can’t remember anything! Maybe…I don’t feel like discovering my true self.’ The notion of remaining blissfully ignorant sounded appealing, although at the same time it didn’t. How would Ammy know what her true personality was like, without first being aware of herself? First, the sun goddess needed to work on her people skills. Of course, there was a major difference interacting with friends everyday and roaming around ancient Japan visiting scattered villages separated by natural obstacles. ’My head won’t get bitten of now…will it?’ Pushing strands of white hair behind one ear, the canine deity shifted attention to Mayura’s standing form.

Stretching satirical senses outwards, the young kami showed subtle signs of interest in Mayura’s declarations over Loki’s actual age. ’How come he refuses to tell her…his real age? What is going on here?’ There had to be logical reasoning behind his refusal involving age. What he actually younger? Or was it the possibility of being treated as a child and feeling completely left out of adult activities? However, the sun goddess did not know about Loki’s true status as a Norse god from mythology. She didn’t know what type of punishment, he had gone through. Nor could Amaterasu know his oddly-looking companions were also beings belonging to another world. Just like Ammy herself, who became lost without knowledge of where to go next. Sighing quietly, honey-colored orbs closed half-way in deep concentration. School? What was school? The russet-haired male spoke as if attending an institution sounded bad. Was it bad? ’People who can take care of themselves.’ Amaterasu pondered his words in deep thought, hardly minding any hidden meaning behind them ’What category do I fall in?’ Technically, no one was taking care of her in general. Ammy could roam freely around the cityscape if she wanted to and even leave without thinking twice. Except, what would a woman suffering from amnesia go to? Was there even any safe place for her? Rampant thoughts stormed internally, while externally she appeared calm. In fact, remaining serene was just a ploy to distract herself from falling into desperation. Bringing fork against her lips, the sun goddess couldn’t help smiling lightly in response to Mayura’s statement. “Eventually this mystery will be solved, won’t it?” She questioned, lowering fork slightly in fake disappointment. Was Ammy actually disappointed to find herself unwinding familiarity instead of mystery? ’Will it matter? I don’t think anyone will treat me differently.’ Whether, the detective agency could solve her real life issues remained to be seen. So, far the brunette-haired youth hadn’t found any concrete clues to guide him in his quest for knowledge, although Loki held an impressive arsenal of tricks up his sleeve. Willowy digits wrapped firmly around noodle-laden fork, the ivory-haired female turned back attention to the food sitting right in from of her. Anxiety twisted stomach into tight knots, especially when the young boy mentioned bats. “Bats? Nothing, I can’t handle.” She answered, digging mentally through several layers of frozen memories hidden carefully away. In reality, the solar maiden had never gotten the privilege of meeting bats face to face. Her animal experience ranged from fierce reptiles to graceful-looking horses roaming across lush pastures, however bats themselves were notorious for riling wolves up. Ammy did not know what a bat looked like or even how one functioned. ’Coming from him…..I bet it’s an unpleasant creature.’ Pushing worries further aside, the deity merely smiled “There is nothing wrong with loving mysterious…..after all living life without fun is….” Pausing in mid-sentence, Amaterasu drew a quick blank “It’ can be dreary.” She finished, finally calming down enough to being ingesting Yamino’s home cooked meal. ’Getting yourself straight into trouble again, Ammy?’

Troubles. Dilemmas. Problems. Three different vocabulary words meant to describe a situation, where an individual got themselves unknowingly into dangerous territory. ‘I might be treading along a path to self-destruction. Does it matter though? If I’m consumed alone will it affect others‘?’ If no third parties were involved, minimal damage would only shape Amaterasu’s fall into oblivion. However, the white-haired woman found herself intricately woven into Loki’s group, even though Ammy wanted independence away from the Western-styled manor. What dangers lay beyond these four concrete walls, separating her from the outside world? What demons resided in the city? Mostly importantly, how would the solar maiden find her way home? ’Home? The place where I belong. Lingering here I’m afraid will inhibit my desire to head back.’ Would staying at the detective’s estate ruin any chance of Ammy wanting to head home? What if she became too attached to the rag-tag group? “I refuse…” Her words came out in a mere whisper, as topaz-colored orbs focused intently on Narugumi. “Thanks for the advice, Narugumi. I’ll keep my guard up in front of Loki.” She chortled half-heartedly “He looks harmless enough, but looks can be deceptive.” The female declared, briefly silencing herself to watch Loki and Narugumi exchange harmless statements. Their odd conversations provided respite from tension, Amaterasu had started building inside her chest. “Money and eating? Why not hunt for your own food?” After all, Okami were known for hunting their own prey rather than paying yen for unsatisfying food. Why, not buy a weapon and head out to the meadow? “Hmm. If that’s the way this place works….please take me to a place where ‘jobs’ exist.” She inquired, glancing from Narugumi to the yawning brunette-haired youth seated on the opposite end of the table. ‘Cats and dogs. I don’t understand why this scene seems familiar to me.’ Ushiwaka often argued with her for valid reasons, Ammy failed to understand at times. Everyone called him reserved. Uptight. Cautious. Wasn’t it better to be safe, than sorry? There was nothing wrong, with keeping a safe distance from objects capable of bringing harm. Pushing stray thoughts aside, the solar deity ran honey-colored eyes lightly over the new recipe book, Yamino had ordered by mail. “Wow…..this book must have many wonderful recipes. Maybe one day, I’ll try my luck cooking a meal for everyone here.” Ammy smiled sincerely, as the Nordic male sat down next to Loki. ’Hmph…I might end up burning the house down.’ In reality, the goddess had absolutely no experience in preparing meals, but would the challenge discourage her from trying? Absolutely not. Would she make novice mistakes? Possibly. ’Bring it on!’ Elated by possibility of learning new skills, the ivory-haired female refocused attention on Mayura’s enthusiastic voice. Tonight? The ghost would come out only at night? “Alright…..I just wish dusk would arrive sooner.” She muttered, over-hearing Loki’s reassuring response that he too, would come to help catch wandering spirits. Sighing softly, golden-brown orbs locked squarely upon the chronometer ticking time slowly by. ‘I can’t read time.’ Removing eyes reluctantly from the clock, Amaterasu settled for looking out the glass window at the sun peeking through lush trees. ‘Hear me out….I want dusk to arrive already.’ Her conscious wish slowly unraveled, the heaven’s into compliance to the fallen sun goddess‘s wish of converting day to night. Even though Ammy could not command her central star, the sun could always be controlled from earth. “I guess…the sun wants us to go on our little adventure.” Amaterasu spoke out eagerly, already finding herself bounding towards the front door in excitement.

OCC: Sorry about the delay and shortness of post.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
animeobsession92

PostSubject: Re: Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]   Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Loki leaned back, folding his hands behind his head as he watched everyone. even if he wanted to talk to Amaterasu about herself, there was no way he could with Mayura around. Even if she wasn't here the way Mayura was getting her worked up made her less than useful for information. He just shrugged, he would find time so wasn't too worried about it. He smiled mischievously, but shrugged at her suggestions as to her age. "You know, It's arguable that there are children stuck in adult bodies, but I'm not sure I've met an adult stuck in a childrens body." He told her, even though that was his care, in modern day japan, there weren't adults just stick into children's bodies. "Even so, you should be living with your parents." Mayura pouted, obviously not satisfied with his explanation. "In fact, I've never even heard you talk about your parents, you never get phone calls from them... it's strange." She pointed out. Loki glanced at Yamino for a brief second before glancing back at Mayura. Of course he wasn't about to tell her that he was half giant and an inherited son to Odin himself. He shrugged, "They're busy." He said, keeping it short and sweet, not wanting to get to much into it. "Besides, they're a long ways away." "Well then why are you here?" She asked, suddenly very curious. Loki looked away, she was being insistent again. "I have Yamino, he's all i need." He said, dropping back into his 'childhood' mode, playing innocent. Thor rolled his eyes, taking another bite of food. "And Narugumi, You'd take care of me if I needed it right?" He asked, his voice young and child like. Thor glanced at him, having no way to answer that wouldn't sound cold to Mayura and Amaterasu. "You've been doing good so far." He said, not quite answering, ignoring Loki's trouble-making smile. Loki glanced at Amaterasu at her reaction to the mention of school. "School is where younger members of a community go to be taught useful skills in their life." He said, using the terms she could best relate with, whether she knew it or not. In their world, elders instructed young ones life skills, just very different skills than those they would of been taught. "That's right! Everyone goes to school at some point!! You learn reading, math, history, japanese..." As she kept going Loki glanced out the window in thought. He himself had never really gone to any sort of school, or been instructed. After all, his childhood was different than most Gods, because it hadn't been all spent with the Gods. He had set his own path. In todays world, you really couldn't do it. And may not of been the smartest even then. He though to himself, after all, here he was today.

Mayura nodded excitedly at her question. "Of course we'll get it figured out!! Loki's the best detective around!" She assured her. "The first time I met him I was looking for a doll that talked and flied. At first Loki wouldn't help me." He said, making a face. "But he came anyways and I found her int he tower and then Loki came up and then..." She trailed off, Loki glancing at her. Even though she had been there, She couldn't remember anything after he arrived. Mainly because she had been possessed, but more importantly, she hadn't seen him use his magic. Looking at it, it probably looked suspicions, but Mayura didn't spent to long on it. "Well anyway he helped my find it and that was the start of my working for him!" She said proudly. Loki glanced at Amatersau, shaking his head and trying to brush her story aside. "Don't worry, we'll figure you out with or without your memories." He assured her, already having a pretty good idea, but he didn't tell her that. he raised an eyebrow, laughing at her remark. "Well, I hope so because you get the mystery, bats and all." He told her, despite her statement you could tell that she was a bit nervous. Why bats though? He asked himself curiously. "Tell me, Amatersau... what makes you feel most at home?" He asked her, curiously. "I mean we'll have to find a room that best suits you so we need to know what is is that makes you feel... comfortable." He said, most any God or Goddess you could identify by what they were drawn too. Nature, the Sun and moon, light or lightening. Loki smiled, though, at her statement. '"You know... I would whole heartedly, life without a little bit of adventure isn't very interesting." He agreed, he lived for the thrill, at least he always had. Since coming here his main concern was finding a way back, so he could continue his adventures with the rest of the Gods. "Wouldn't you agree Narugumi?" He asked, smiling over at him. Narugumi glanced at him, clearly not amused by his puns. He looked up, "I don't know about you, but I've found that too much adventure and trouble leads only to problems." He told him, Loki making a face at him, he didn't need to be reminded that the reason he was here was because of the trouble he had caused. What he had done, though, he couldn't remember. He had gotten into trouble many times before, but never trouble he seemed to have gotten in. Why? He wondered, though he knew finding the answer wasn't that simple, or he would of had it long ago.

Loki looked at her, his eyes narrowing at her simple statement 'I refuse.' It was as if he saw right into her mind, the way she was looking at everyone, her sudden change in attitude to one that didn't seem to trust the house she was in. "You Refuse?" He questioned her, leaning back. "You know, no one is forcing you into anything." He told her. "I won't lie... I've taken a keen interest in you." He told her, leaning forward to looking at her. "It's part of the reason I brought you here. I know you know what I'm talking about. There is more than one thing similar about us, and it's inciting." He told her, the room seeming to go still to listen to Loki who had suddenly gone serious. "The other is because here you are among friends, No one here judges you, in fact they want to help you if you would let them." he said, leaning back. "I'm a business man, If you don't want your help, it's within your rights to refuse it. But I've found that help makes things much more bearable." He told her. Loki sighed, shaking his head at Narugumi. "What lies are you feeding her now after I let you in and fed you?" He asked sighing and shaking his head as he stood up, walking to the door. "Yamino, come get me before we leave." He told him before leaving the room, seemingly bothered by something as he went back up to his den, collapsing into his chair. "It's so tiring sometimes..." He said, wanting to be back home where he could roam freely, live without a care and see how far he could push the others. Who is she? Why is she here? He wondered to himself, running a small hand though his hair. I want my body back, I'm so tired of dealing with humans, and gods in human bodies... He thought, for some reason getting drained all of a sudden. Was it Amatersau's hesitancy in him despite their similarities and the fact he almost knew what it was? Was it Thor's constant distance he was placing because of his past, when they had, and still were, brothers. I'm just getting worn down... He realized to himself, shaking his head. He couldn't be himself here, he wasn't himself. He was a kid no one thought to take seriously.

Yamino watched Loki walk away with a concerned expression, he was upset. He glanced at Thor who was glancing uncomfortable at the doorway, as if knowing he had done something. he stood up. "I'm going to head out, I have to get to my night part time job." He said, smiling at he glanced at Amatersau. "Tell you what, Meet me outside here at 5:00 tomorrow and I'll bring you to a job." He promised her with a wink as he threw his messenger over his shoulder. "Have fun on your adventure." He told him with a laugh as he left, peddleing away. Mayura bounced up, waving in the doorway. "By Narugumi!!" She told him, freezing as suddenly the sky darkened. "Wha..." She said in instantious confusion before turning around with a smile. "I guess it's time to go!!" She said happily. Yamino stared at the sky in confusion, before glancing at Amatersau, blinking in surprise. He disappeared, making his way to Loki's office. "Loki -sama..." He said, opening the door slowly, peeking his head in to see Loki looking up at the sky out of his window. "It's night..." Loki said, stating the obvious as he turned around to look at Yamino. "I sad we couldn't go till dark and... it's night..." He said, "It would appear so..." Yamino told him, "I don't know what happened but..." "I think I just figured it out." Loki told Yamino, Yamino blinking at him in confusion. "Figured what out?" He asked, Loki smiling. "What Ammy can't figure out." He said simply. "You figured out..." He started, quieting his voice. "You figured out who she is?" He asked. Loki shrugged, "Maybe." he said, obviously in a better mood when Mayura suddenly rushed into his office. "Loki!! Let's go! It's night time!! Time to go to the haunted house! We have a mystery to solve!!!" he said, running over and pulling at his arm. Loki nodded, "I can see that." He said simply, pulling on his coat to join the girls on their adventure, sighing and shrugging at Yamino. "Come on, you're coming too." He told him, Yamino nodding, grabbing his jacket and following the group out of the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiranui
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]   Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:51 pm

‘Parents? How could one simple word sound uncomfortable enough to be spoken around the dinner table?’ Amaterasu carefully placed eating utensils on her napkin, hunger becoming another unnecessary addition to an ever-growing worry threatening to blossom out of control. ‘Ah…the sweet irony of my situation…. Yamino went through all the trouble to prepare delicious food for everyone….and now I’m not even interested in taking another bite. Why? Why do I still feel fidgety?’ She contemplated bitterly, topaz-colored hues focused intently on half-eaten portions of yakisoba noodles still piled on her plate. Could the conversation revolving around adults be affecting her directly? Or was eating in front of strangers still intimidating for her? Yes and no. Parental units had never been part of Ammy’s life, but that blonde-haired male from earlier looked exceptionally concerned for her well-being. Was he a father? ‘Ancient clothing, golden tresses, crimson eyes….it all seems familiar. Do I know him only as the man who woke me from a hundred year sleep?’ Scolding self mentally, the ivory-haired goddess reminded herself of one true fact. Tao Master Waka may have played an important role in reviving her, but his appearance remained scant. There had been no further contact. No comforting letter from above. No guidance. Nothing.

She was left completely alone to socialize with strangers. Fortunately Lady Luck smiled on the wayward deity for everyone seemingly received Amaterasu’s arrival with open arms. ‘Well…sort of.’ The sun god recalled humorlessly how much cajoling it took to convince her streets weren’t safe enough habitats to linger in. Shoving those unimportant matters aside, Ammy’s expression reflected genuine curiosity “School sounds interesting….maybe you could take me there someday? I would love to learn history. ” Was she asking to much out of these people? Her legs were in perfect working order, so why not go explore school herself? Easier said than done. Trouble might already be out there waiting for an opportunity to sneak in unannounced, and these hospitable individuals did not need anymore problems in their lives. ’Just take a deep breath….’ Mayura’s excited response to her earlier question, prompted anxiety to begin easing slighty. If Loki was indeed the best detective around town, he should be able to solve the mystery easily. ’He’s a kid….’ She repeated mentally, although his mature conversations washed away any doubt in his abilities. “Ah, I bet your first encounter must have been an exciting first experience…..especially if it involves a talking doll.” Amaterasu responded pleasantly, honey-colored optics settled on the pink-haired girl who appeared to having issues remembering said event. Part of the Celestial deity wondered if the adolescent’s farfetched tales were real enough to believe in or maybe the young woman held an overly active imagination.

‘Don’t be foolish Amaterasu! Are you stupid enough to believe in petty lies? Are you going to place every single ounce of faith into a little boy whose parents seem nonexistent?’ Her rational mind persisted, adding more fuel to an already growing fire. Trust. Why was trust an issue she always tried running away from? What caused Ammy’s refined social skills to dissolve like salt in water? ‘I don’t understand. I don’t care. I don’t need help.’ She repeated mentally ‘Hasn’t loneliness been my constant companion? Something inside tells me….once upon a time…people disliked who I was. Still…I admit that I do need help. That I do care…..’ One thing remained crystal-clear though, if Amaterasu wanted to recover lost memories - she needed to relearn the basics of trust. ‘Can’t trust be broken again? Can I actually handle the stresses of placing reliance upon another individual?’ Life wasn’t a smooth road which could be traversed without encountering the occasional pothole in the middle of nowhere. Life was to short to just let it go. Golden-brown orbs studied Mayura intently, her story making little sense to the distraught sun goddess. Something in the way she told the tale made Ammy suspicious - specifically when the pink-haired girl couldn’t remember much detail after Loki’s arrival. Was there more to the brunette-haired youth, than met the eye?

“Well…” She responded thoughtfully “Alright, I won’t try worrying about broken memories…instead I’ll leave it in hands of the detective.’ Glossy pink lips thinned themselves into a wry smile, before realizing the statement held undertones of cynicism. ’I’m hopeless…aren’t I? My sense of humor is in dire need of a tune up.’ Of course, the ivory-haired goddess failed to acknowledge that appearances were indeed deceiving. She had no inkling of his identity as a Norse God of mythology nor did Ammy figure what Loki might already know. Total darkness enveloped her memory from trying to access locked away memories, but suppression at times caused more harm in the long term. ’I’ll relax right now….because my body needs it or else….collapse is inevitable.’ Allowing tension to seep out of rigid shoulders, the snowy-haired deity chuckled quietly “Bring it on….I’m prepared for whatever this mystery throws my way.” Amaterasu responded lightly, before pausing in mid-conversation to process Loki’s earlier question. ’Good question. What makes me feel comfortable?’ Leaning further into the wooden chair, Ammy’s expression reflected deep concentration as several likes and dislikes resurfaced from the depths. “I’m drawn to wide open and sunny places….where claustrophobia isn’t an issue.” She explained, feeling no shame in admitting enclosed areas produced mass bouts of hysteria. Years spent wandering alone ancient Japan’s scenic routes had imprinted a deep desire to spend more time outdoors. Back than priests and priestesses had enough trouble keeping youkai from taking up residence in holy temples, until Amaterasu showed up in wolf form to help battle these nuisances - with tooth and claw.

Willowy digits absentmindedly traced circular patterns around the table-top, while half of Amaterasu’s attention remained focused on the interacting shown between Narugumi and Loki. Obviously, the younger boy held a clever streak in him, which probably led him straight into trouble, although the older male appeared less willing to take such unnecessary risks. “Leap before you think…” She mumbled softly “I’ve heard that saying somewhere….but taking risks can be worth it. Resolve is primary…..consequences will always be secondary. I myself like taking thrilling adventures even if it places my own life at risk.” Ammy frowned dourly, for the special say applied to the strong-willed sun goddess in more ways than one. ’I wonder if what I just said will discourage them from helping me…’ Restrained thought patterns unleashed havoc inside her heart, prompting a quick change in temperament. One minute she had been shining radiantly in front of everyone, now her body was incased in ice. Stoic amber-colored eyes locked with Loki’s narrowed green ones, clearly showing massive amounts of distrust in everyone. “I do.” Amaterasu replied briskly, listening intently to his words….despite having two parts battling each other for control. Again lack of trust was an issue for the sun goddess, as well as lingering arrogance in accepting true emotions. ’You can try fooling yourself into a false sense of security…..thinking no one else can see right through that cheap façade. Believe me…somebody out there can see right into your very soul….and he happens to be a perceptive little boy.’

Yes, he was perceptive…..a little too perceptive. The brunette-haired boy possibly understood his words struck home, however Ammy herself refused to even acknowledge Loki’s statement at first. “You what?” Glinting hues widened momentarily in disbelief. ‘Are my ears deceiving me? Am I really that strange?’ Shaking head slowly from side to side, Amaterasu fought an incredible urge to laugh coldly in his face. Similar? How was Loki comparable to her? Was he talking about lost memories or perhaps isolation brought upon by unforeseen circumstances? “Are there really similarities between us?” The ivory-haired deity stated “I know. I know. No one here is judging me and it does look like everyone wants to lend a helping hand….but I just can’t accept your help. Grr…never mind….I‘m very confused at the moment.” She growled softly, closing honey-colored eyes as a distant headache threatened to rise. ’Nice job pushing away potential friends.’ Ammy thought bitterly, opening one eye to see Loki getting out of the dining room chair, before disappearing into the den. Had her words upset him that much? Did he truly want to help her? ’I’m sorry…..please understand how I’m feeling.’ The wolf deity wanted to apologize, but found her body unable to even contract enough energy to move.

’I can’t move. I can’t even think straight anymore.’ Swallowing harshly, Amaterasu parted lips reluctantly to speak “A-Alright…see you tomorrow at around 5:00.” With that, she watched Narugumi vanish to his night job. Lucky him. “Hmm…..I wonder what type of job Narugumi will have waiting for me.” Ammy mumbled beneath her breath, suddenly startled by darkness enveloping the sun. Swinging wide topaz hues in Yamino’s direction, the snowy-haired female shrugged helplessly - though it was clear her wish had a straight impact on the heavens. ’That was bizarre….’ Rejecting theories as absurdities, she decided instead to place emphasis on their little mystery adventure. Sliding gracefully out of the chair, Amaterasu stopped short of going into Loki’s office for inside a loud ruckus could be heard. ’Mayura’s sure is excited.’ She observed from the sidelines, twisting glossy pink lips into an amused smile. Today’s adventure should be fun right? Well, the goddess wouldn’t judge until they arrived at their destination. Once outside the door, Ammy glanced towards Mayura “Which direction is the house located at?” The solar maiden interrogated, tagging closely behind the spirited pink-haired adolescent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
animeobsession92

PostSubject: Re: Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]   Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Loki smiled a bit as if sensing her thoughts. "Not that i'm old enough to be a parent though... only grown ups are parents." He smiled innocently Narugumi almost choking on his food beside him at the unexpected statement. "Narugumi!! Are you ok?!" Mayura asked worriedly, her expression concerned as Thor trued to compose himself and breath normally. He glanced at Loki who was giving him a devilish smile. Did that just really come from Loki? The question pointless, he knew it had. Coming from the womanize who fathered the half-dead guardian of hell, the troublesome giant snake, a giant wolf, and others more numerous to count? Not to mention those that Loki himself had given birth to during his transformations as a woman. The statement had just caught him entirely off guard. Thor looked up at Mayura, "Yeah... I'm fine... sorry i just got some noodles stuck in my throat..." He told her. Yamino did his best to avoid the situation, quietly eating beside Thor and trying to attract as little attention as possible. While Loki was, by appearance, of course to young for anyone to father two children lived under this roof, another Mayura had met... And those were only his direct siblings, he knew he had more half siblings than he cared to count. He glanced at Thor, who seemed to be having trouble controlling himself, Yamino was already used to Loki's ploys. After a while, he had gotten used to it, and either way he still loved his father. Mayura sat back down, "That's why you're not supposed to take big bites! You choke on them!!!" She smiled, Though nodding, glancing over at Loki again. "Yeah... I'll remember that..." He told her, shaking his head to himself as he took another bite to keep himself from saything anything else. After all, he couldn't say anything else could he? There were two normal... well earthly people int he room, as far as he knew. "If you want we can get you something to drink Narugumi." Loki offered him, his voice completely innocent and composed. "I think I'll be ok now, but thanks." He told him, his tone unreadable as he took another bite, Loki nodding happily as if nothing had happened and continued eating. "It really is good Yamino, thank you! You'd make a good father." Loki told him with a smile, Yamino freezing and blushing. "I... I don't know about that... I'm just here to serve Loki-Sama..." He told him, having no idea how to respond to that. After all Loki was his father, but he looked young enough to be his son... Yamino took another bite, preventing him from answering.

Mayura nodded, with a smile. "It's relaly fun there are a lot of people, AND YOU CAN JOIN MY MYSTERY CLUB!!" She said, excited as the thought just occurred to her with a bright smile. "You'll definitely be in high school right? I mean, we don't know how old you are but you look like you could be in high school... and we have to figure out what classes you'd be in..." She trailed off. "I got it!! Tomorrow I'll take you to school and get you enrolled." She decided, Loki glancing at her over the table. What Mayura seemed to forget is that they asked for paperwork on a person when they went in. "Yes but they ask for a parent of guardian when you go in..." He pointed out, Mayura frowning. "True..." She said, caught off guard as she thought about it. "Though I bet we could get someone to fill in as a guardian... at least until we find out who she is..." He said, Mayura's expression suddenly perking up. "Really?!" She asked, Loki nodding, "Of course, Yamino could go and pretend to be her guardian." He smiled, Yamino freezing and turning to look at Loki. "Wha...What?" He asked, blinking in surprise. "You want me to... Loki-Sama, what are you saying?" He asked, Loki smiled at Yamino, waving him off. "It's just until We find her family right?" He asked, of course he knew that wasn't going to happen, but it made it seem much more reasonable, besides, it's be fun to see Ammy going to school. Though she's had years of experience i'm not sure how well she'd do in classes though... He mulled to himself. The teaching is different in school than those we learn to teach above... He thought to himself, shrugging it off. "So what do you say Ammy, do you feel like going to school?" He asked, He could make it happen for her, he knew he could. If Yamino couldn't pull it off, He'd do it himself, the school officials had a soft spot for kids. "You'll have to wear a uniform a go to class everyday... but I bet you'd look cute in a school uniform." He smiled at her. Mayura nodded happily. "They have lots of history classes! And Math classes, Japanese and English classes, art classes..." She went on, counting on her fingers before looking up at her with a small smile. "You'll have lots of fun!!" She smiled happily to herself as she continued eating,.

Mayura nodded happily at the memories, "I never did find it again after it started flying at me though..." She said, "I think she was an angry doll though, because she tried to throw knives at me..." She said, clearly not thinking it was anything too strange. Loki laughed a bit, scratching the back of his head. With how much had gone on around Mayura it was amazing that she hadn't gotten suspicious of anything, though that was her personality. That didn't mean that others weren't more observant and curious. This is why i tried avoiding getting involved too much with people here... He thought to himself with a sigh, looking around the room which was now pretty full. Oh well... I guess we just have to be careful..." He concluded, smiling as she addressed her. "I'll do what I can but first I need to know EVERYTHING you can remember." He told her, "Doesn't have to be now, but anything you can remember could be important to the case." He pointed out, laughing at bit at her comment. "Well i hope so." He told her, having no idea what to expect. Knowing Mayura it was probably just a spooky living house that hadn't been lived in for some time. [i]It doesn't make a house haunted... He thought to himself. On one hand while it could be beneficial for him to go if there really was something to it, Mayura jumped at even the slightest hint of a 'mystery,' which more often than not was nothing. "Sunny and wide open spaces huh..." he repeated in though. "Sunny..." He said, shaking his head a bit, "We have a yellow and blue room on this floor, don't we Yamino?" He asked, not even entirely sure as his son looked up at him, nodding. "Yes, but it might need to be cleaned up a bit, I believe you put come of the Nordic artifacts in there..." Yamino told him, Loki nodding. "I think so to... How long do you think it would take to get everything moved out of there?" He asked, Yamino shrugging a bit. "Shouldn't be too long." He said, Loki turning to look at Narugumi. "Hey, Narugumi would you like to help us clean out a room? I'll pay you for it." He told him. Thor sighed, he really didn't want to be taking money from Loki, but if he was offering. "Sure, i'll come by and help... as long as you promise to pay me!!!" He told him, Loki nodding. "Don't worry I have enough to pay you." He smiled at him, Thor sighing to himself. Don't remind me... He thought, still not understand how Loki was so well off here after being exiled from the land of the gods, in child form too.

Thor turned to look at Ammy as she spoke about risks sighing. "Don't tell me you're exactly like him..." He groaned closing his eyes. Loki looked at her, smiling a bit, almost in approval. Still, What was it about Ammy, he sympathized with her, the two very much so shared a history and ideology and yet. She doesn't seem to understand her situation at all... He sighed. Loki had always been a god who did things as he saw fit, he had never much cared how it would effect the other person. In fact, the more they reacted the better it was. However, he had always had a sharp mind, paid attention to his situation, when he was at a disadvantage, he had always laid low, appealed to the people around him until he got the upper hand. Ammy did not have the upper hand at all, in fact, she didn't even know the game she was playing right now. Why then did she refuse help? True, she didn't know what he knew, she hadn't figured out what he had figured out. In her situation he hadn't relied on any one either, but he had known who he was, he had memories of watching earth, he had known how earth worked and knew how to get the upper hand so he didn't have to rely on anyone. Does she not understand her situation at all? Does she not even know that much? He thought, even if she didn't trust them, which he felt was misplaced distrust, she wasn't very good at hiding it either. Not that Loki would of been fooled anyway. After all, like the old says went. 'You can't trick a trickster.' "Well, no ones forcing you to be a part of anything, and you don't have to become anyones friend if you don't want to. You know which way the door is, I won't stop you." He said simply, getting tired of playing her games. She's lost and confused... He tried to reason with himself, but he still had his expectations, which meant either get along or let him be, he didn't have time to mess with people that didn't concern him. Sure he wanted to help, but he wasn't going to stress over it. He had enough to worry about, he needed to get himself home, he didn't have to worry about a lost sun goddess if she didn't want help. "You interest me," He repeated simply to her question. "I know you can feel it, the similarities between our persona, along with many of people in the room." He said, not wanting to single out Mayura by name. "However, if you would prefer to go back on the streets and deal with people less non-judgmental than me, then by all means feel free." He told her.

What Am I doing? He asked himself in his office, Loki didn't get involved in things that didn't concern him. Anything he did was to get back home where the people here would no longer matter. Why am I getting upset and concerned about it then? He asked himself with a sigh, but he knew the answer, because this was one case, that hit to closely to home. Odin... I don't understand, He thought to himself as he looked out the window towards the sky. Why did you send me here? What did I do? Why can't i remember it? He asked, though he knew even if he did ask Odin himself he wasn't going to get an answer. He turned around, plopping into his chair with a frustrated sighing slamming his small fist onto the desk. He took a slow breath, trying to control himself. It's ok... He thought, running his hand though his hair. If I get enough dark energy I can confront Odin... that's my main priority. He reminded himself. If She doesn't want help she can find her answers by herself, I made it on my own, Thor, Heimdall, Freyr and Freya have all been making it... He reminded himself. Turning to Yamino, "Thanks for checking up on me." He smiled at his son, glad he had Yamino here. "Well I wanted to makes sure Loki-sama was ok and see if you needed anything..." Yamino told Loki who smiled a bit, walking over and giving him a hug. He winced a bit as Mayura's loud voice, "I'm coming..." He said, glancing. "If you'd like to sitll join us, Mayura should still be leading the way." He told her, his words cold though his tone wasn't meant to be as Mayura happily led the group out of the house and all the way to the house he had been talking about, turning around happily to look at them. "We're here!!" She told them as she showed them the old house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiranui
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]   Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:45 pm

‘Can I call everyone here normal? What is the definition of ’normality’ anyway? Does it matter if I don’t fit the criteria?’ The ivory-haired goddess deliberated internally, golden-brown eyes focused on scattered pieces of Yakisoba noodles still wrapped around her silverware. ’I should stop beating myself up….but my mind refuses to settle down. Why? Why do I continue to feel out of the picture? It’s easy to figure out…right? The way Loki expresses himself with complex perception makes him seem older…..yet all I see is a little boy shrouded in mystery. Perhaps….I’ve missed something important?’ Biting inner lip indecisively, Amaterasu debated between analyzing Loki’s mystifying attitude or letting herself course smoothly through the moment without stressing about spatial opportunities. ’Sticking my nose where it doesn’t belong isn’t right nor is the task of constantly worrying about unimportant things. My memories will come back in due time….for now I’m better off familiarizing myself with strange surroundings.’ Abandoning unworldly concerns aside, Ammy’s attention snapped back to the beaming brunette-youth, his smile made it crystal clear some of her inner thoughts might have expressed themselves vividly on her facial features. “Eh….” She mumbled lowly, realizing most of her private sentiments couldn’t be contained behind private barriers anymore “Of course, you aren’t a parent just yet……you’re still quite young.” Ammy chuckled gently, blissfully unaware of how much naivety leaked into the statement.

The sudden sound of Narugumi choking on a mouthful of noodles, brought the innocent sun goddess to simply stare at the god of thunder incredulously. “What’s wrong...Narugumi?” She inquired somewhat apprehensively “Did you bite of more….than you could chew?” Honestly, did he lack basic table etiquette? Or did Narugumi see something Ammy couldn’t comprehend? ’He did come in unannounced….not to mention how Narugumi seems to lack Loki’s mischievous side.’ Both boys differed greatly in age and attitude, but what the younger male lacked in age….he made up for in cleverness. Seeing the precarious situation returning little by little to normal, the sun goddess picked absentmindedly at her food, before mouthing a few words slurred words. “Narugumi…..you had me worried……next time take your time eating.” She scolded lightly, watching him eat as if nothing had occurred. ’Thank the lucky stars….I was worried he would choke to death.’ Shaking head skeptically, the sun goddess wondered why his well-being had been of utmost concern. Narugumi wasn’t her friend, yet at the same time he did promise to introduce Ammy to the primal concept of ’jobs’. If he died, his promise would become automatically void. ’With or without help….I need to become self sufficient.’ Locking those words away, Amaterasu couldn’t help smiling placidly at Yamino, especially with the awkward way of taking praise. ’Your food is delicious Yamino! Stop taking compliments lightly…..after all not everyone is good at cooking.’ Despite wanting to tell him what was on her mind, the canine goddess decided Yamino didn’t need anymore embarrassments.

‘I’m not feeling very hungry, but letting scrumptious food go to waste is wrong.’ Svelte hand enveloped loosely around the thin stainless steel utensil, the sun goddess resumed consumption of any surplus noodles still lingered on her ceramic plate. Masticating Yakisoba pasta slowly, Amaterasu’s curious stare drifted lazily across the table examining individual faces one by one, before converting Mayura’s excited smile as a main focal point. ’Mystery club? What is she talking about? Wait a minute….this is the girl who gets overly excited.’ Swallowing remaining lunch harshly, Ammy’s lips curved downwards into an inquiring smile “You have a mystery club? Let me take a wild guess….does it specialize in thrilling adventures?” She asked casually “Hey….I’m game for joining your club….is there any paper work I need to fill out?” Was joining her mystery club even a good idea? What type of activities did Mayura have planned? Truthfully, the sun goddess had little knowledge of the inner workings needed to join a club of any sorts, but what was the point of living without adventure? Ammy maybe clueless, brazen and very distrustful of those around her…..although exploration never failed in exposing Okami’s’ true nature.

“I should be in high school.” The young deity stated quietly, worrisome burdens beginning to bloom in her heart “Actually…I do feel like getting enrolled tomorrow…except Loki has a valid point. It’ll be difficult to obtain classes if I don’t find someone to be my guardian.” Placing fork besides empty plate, Amaterasu leaned forwards in deep thought, while rummaging thoroughly for simple solutions to her never ending problems. ’What about Ushiwaka? He treats me somewhat like family. Can he be my guardian?’ No, bringing him here wasn’t an option. But why did Ammy hesitate? ’Pardon me…did I hear you right? Someone to fill in as a guardian for me?” Negative thoughts dispersed instantaneously, as the snowy-haired deity clapped enthusiastically “Ah! Yamino is the perfect candidate!” She exclaimed rather happily, topaz orbs narrowed teasingly at the Nordic snake. ’Hmm….he does make the idea father figure…while my real family remains unknown.’ Did Amaterasu even have a normal family? Until now the wolf goddess couldn’t recall images from her past, other then being called ’Shiranui’ by Tao Master Ushiwaka. Shrugging unnecessary qualms aside, Ammy couldn’t help smiling devilishly “Don’t know what to think about wearing school uniforms, but we’ll see how it all turns out……and of course I feel like going to class!” She responded truthfully, knowing this was an important opportunity to become socialized with the general population.

Mouth positioned into a firm line, Amaterasu placed used silverware and napkins on top of her empty plate signaling lunch was finished. ’Isn’t etiquette reserved only for the rich snobs? I don’t recall ever learning how to use silverware….nor anything related to proper mannerisms at the table.’ Did her innate instincts work automatically in front of other individuals? Did she live experiences with the high class society before? ’Does it matter? My life…my family….my memories…are all of them important?’ Of course, each separate piece of Ammy’s lost identity was an essential component necessary to finalize the perplexing mystery behind her terrible amnesia. “Your knife-throwing doll sounds quite puzzling….” She stated quietly, tapping slender fingers soundlessly against the mahogany table top. A knife-wielding inanimate object capable of expressing humanistic emotions sounded very far-fetched, than again life never ceased to present astounding discoveries.“I suppose losing sight of the doll is better….as opposed to getting hurt badly.” The ivory-haired goddess replied dryly, finding Mayura’s behavior rather comical. Was the pink-haired adolescent capable of understanding mortal danger? ’Dolls that throw knives aren’t normal…..somehow I wonder if she realizes how dangerous that situation was. Perhaps…..Mayura has an even greater advantage….her attitude doesn’t linger on past mistakes. I should probably do the same.’ Swallowing dryly, Amaterasu nodded slowly at Loki’s statement “I will do my best to remember everything.” She told him, topaz-colored eyes glinting beneath curled bangs. Sunny and wide open spaces were Ammy’s preferential setting, but even the great sun goddess held remarkable conviction towards her favorite color scheme. “If you want….I can offer some of my assistance to move the items out of the room.” Amaterasu volunteered, switching glances between the three males. Loki obviously had Yamino and now Narugumi to assist him in clearing out Nordic items, but a little feminine touch couldn’t hurt....right?

Cordial atmosphere, helpful strangers, free food and boarding; how could anyone refuse such a generous offer? Was it because observable mistrust thundered inside Ammy’s veins? Or did the main reason lie underneath fragile barriers waiting to be explored? ’My real reason for not wanting help….lies engrained somewhere…..’ She whispered mentally to herself, admitting to the fact that each single self-pitying thought carried an idiotic undertone of excuses. ’Are you running away?’ Her consciousness commented wryly ’Tell me…….what knowledge do you possess of this place? Can you figure out how to survive in a city full of judgmental people?’ The sun goddess didn’t need to be reminded of her first time roving Japanese streets in search of shelter, after all anomalous glances coming from busy city-dwellers, were enough to send anyone scurrying into the nearest temple. ’I’m not running away!’ Ammy deliberated, narrowing golden eyes at Thor’s comment. Was he comparing her philosophy to Loki’s questionable behavior? “What?” She questioned curtly “Hey…..don’t go comparing me to everyone else.” The young woman warned, missing Loki’s look of approval since her entire attention stayed focus on Narugumi. Her attitude, ideals and ignorance were painfully obvious to the naked human eye, but Amaterasu knew disrespectful comments would only serve in driving opportunities away. So, why did she refuse Loki’s help? He wasn’t forcing her into shady deals nor did he appear to have interest in monetary claims. ’Everyone is trying to help me….’ Ammy’s shoulders became quite ridged after hearing his callous words, however the brunette-haired boy made several points crystal clear. ’He does prove a strong point….I have two options. Either accept his help or leave out the front door.’ Biting tongue gently, the deity spoke nary a word to Loki. What else could Amaterasu say? Her real identity hung literally by a single thread and she needed to swallow every last ounce of pride in order to cooperate.

“I’ve been making a lot of blunders lately.” Amaterasu divulged, entwining cold fingers into the shimmering crimson-tinged evening gown. Frozen digits, hazy senses and the recognizable feel of butterflies fluttered inside her stomach, accounting for half the guilt blossoming intrinsically. ’Can I start over?’ She pondered, golden-brown eyes shifting towards opaque windows located further North. Darkness had fallen much faster, than Ammy had originally anticipated. But why? Did her thoughts have magical ability to transform themselves into reality? ’Why am I worrying about nonexistent powers? Lesser issues don’t matter much to me, however without Loki’s help I’ll be stuck in this isolated town.’ The snowy-haired deity kept fixated gaze on the glass window for several more seconds, before flickering forlorn-looking eyes towards the private office. Was he mad? Was he upset? Maybe the brunette-haired youth experienced both unstable emotions on a higher level? Reluctant fingers slowly released scarlet cloth, as Amaterasu gained enough courage to abandon the dining room table by herself. ‘What next?’ Her mind questioned, while the wolf goddess trudged nonchalantly across open terrain to the doorway where Mayura waited. Judging from her happy-go-lucky attitude, the pink-haired adolescent sported an air of readiness…..with exception of Loki whose cold words played vividly in Ammy’s mind. “I did mention wanting to go earlier…..so I won’t back out now.” She answered matter-of-factly, nimble body falling into stride behind everyone else. Cool night air caressed semi-abandoned streets, bringing with it all sorts of interesting scents ranging from fading irises to fume exhaust leaked out of poorly maintained vehicles. Nose wrinkled slightly in disgust, the sun goddess had no other choice….but to hold her breath.

Placing unimportant complains aside, Amaterasu centered solely on the pink-haired female guiding the group in route to their destination. ’How can anyone walk around happily?’ The canine deity brooded, until Mayura‘s quick announcement interrupted self-proclaimed thoughts. Here already? “That was fast….” She mouthed wordlessly, citrine-colored eyes plastered on the homely-looking structure. ’Mother nature has not been merciful.’ Amaterasu observed thoughtfully, keen hues taking in panoramic views of half-broken windows, splintered wood rotten from prolonged exposure to the elements and cracked asphalt with common garden weeds growing through. “I bet this house used to be beautiful, now it’s nothing….but a mere figment of what it once used to be.” The ivory-haired deity responded pensively, moving five tentative steps past Mayura. Staying behind and waiting for the others to proceed towards their destination sounded logical, but Ammy knew there were times when someone had to take the first initiative. ’Aren’t you taking an enormous risk going in by yourself?’ True, going in alone might endanger her life. Of course, life itself presented many hidden risks…so why fall back on her philosophy? “No point standing around waiting for action to occur.” She stated at last, taking frequent glances at the small group. Would Amaterasu’s forward approach infuriate anyone? Shrugging slender shoulders nonchalantly, the white-haired female remembered Mayura’s over-zealousness as she excitedly told Ammy about the haunted house. ’Mayura seems like the only one genuinely excited for adventure…..the other two look forlorn as usual.’ Dismissing uneasy assumptions aside, Ammy toddled gracefully along splintered concrete till primitive instinct triggered warning bells. Animal intuition warned against going into the haunted house, only to be suppressed by stronger sentiments. ’Leap before you think.’ The sun goddess recalled her theory from earlier, still treading with caution wouldn’t hurt. “Let’s go inside and explore.” She told the pink-haired adolescent in a mild-mannered display of boldness.

OCC: Got one up...sorry about the delay. Storms make it near impossible to type without losing power.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]   

Back to top Go down

Heaven on Earth [Private4Shiranui]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2